This position requires someone whose mind and skills are strong, and someone with a commitment to continuous learning and experimentation to keep them that way. This role also requires the ability to communicate and collaborate clearly with internal departments as well as with consultants and third party contributors from outside the company.
You will be an important contributor in the realization of our ambitious business objectives to build out a robust cloud-based services platform that makes it easy to integrate carriers, brokers, and third parties that will allow us to deliver a seamless buying experience.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer is part of a team that designs and develops infrastructure systems in support of our architecture vision so that the resource needs and platforms are continuously supported.
– Design, deploy and administer cloud based architectures in multiple fabrics.
– Develop methods to automate and streamline routine infrastructure tasks such as deployments and maintenance duties.
– Manage all aspects of our physical and virtual compute platforms.
– Assist in selection, implementation, and management of modern on-premise and cloud based storage solutions.
– Apply practical knowledge of core networking concepts including TCP/IP, routing/switching, firewalls, VPN, DNS, Domain administration, and identitymanagement.
– Ensure optimal resources for our platforms by trending historical information and forecasting system usage into the future
– Provide a strong security focus including knowledge of network, operating system and application level practices
– Assists in developing short-term and long-range technology objectives and strategies.
– Exhibit a passion for working and collaborating as a team to deliver exceptional customer service.
– Must have exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills
– A bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years of professional work experience is required.
– A proven commitment to maintaining up-to-date technological knowledge and skills.
– Experience designing, deploying and administering cloud based architectures in Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
– Demonstrated experience with various virtualization tools such as VMWare, Hyper-V, OpenStack etc.
– Knowledge of popular operating systems including MS Windows Server, Linux variants, Solaris, and modern desktop systems.
– Experience with multiple enterprise storage technologies and platforms
– Proven ability to understand, implement and support various networking technologies
Understanding of WOA elements like OpenAPIs, Widgets, OAuth, JSON, REST etc. is a plus.
– Experience deploying and managing a complex web application environment.
– Advanced proficiency with modern desktop applications including MS Office.
– Extensive systems administration experience in a high availability environment.
– Strong organizational and prioritization skills to consistently meet deadlines.
– Experience with virtual desktop environments, work from home, and BYOD programs a plus.
– Handles confidential information in the best interest of both customer and company.
– Strong interpersonal skills required.